Wednesday 23 April 2014

Simon Says..........Clean & Simple

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

This week the challenge is ,,,,,,,,

 KEEP IT CLEAN AND SIMPLE 

with the optional extra to use one layer
We are showcasing Hero Arts Products  this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

I thought it was time to use the beautiful Hero Arts Delicate Blossoms image. I wanted to give it a soft, almost ethereal feel so I stamped the image on with Vellum with ColorBox Frost White ink and  Zing White Embossing Powder. I used Copics to colour the image with Vellum  from it's back - this gives it a more even finish but has to used stronger/darker colours.
I had no narrow pink ribbon to cover the edge of the vellum so I added some  Hemptique White Twine and twisted it and coloured with Copics. I cut a border with a  Martha Stewart Double Loop punch  and added some Hero Arts Pink Pearls.


Materials and Tools 
Stamps:  Hero Arts Delicate Blossoms
Medium: Memento Tuxedo BlackCopics,  ColorBox Frost White
Papers: Simon Says Stamp White Card StockSimon Says Stamp Cardstock Cotton Candy and Audrey Blue, Bazzille Vellumm
Punches:  Martha Stewart Double Loop punch around the page
Accessories:  Zing White Embossing Powder, Hemptique White Twine, Hero Arts Pink Pearls
Sentiment: Hero Arts Clear Stamps Say It All 
Tools: Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Tonic Studio Guillotine/Paper Trimmer, Fiskars - Stamp Press, Tombow Multi-Liquid Glue, Scotch ATG Advanced Tape Glider, EK Success Cutter 


There are two images in this set - which one should I use - OK might as well do both!!!
The second one I decided to use in blue and I stamped on the cardstock and coloured with Copics. I intended to use a one layer, when I looked at it it screamed out for a narrow border so I cut the image added the blue border (Simon Says Cardstock  Audrey Blue) and added it onto a card.The sentiment is Hero Arts Clear Stamps Say It All and some Hero Arts Clear Gemstones

Challenges
Creatalicious Challenges -  Say thanks
Flat Friends Challenge -  Include a sentiment

Tok Bobok -  CAS
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Favorite color combo
Imagination Crafts Challenge –  Anything goes

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations--anything goes
Party Time Tuesday--anything goes
Marker Pop--anything goes
Hobbycutz--CAS



So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out 

SSS_checkoutnewblog

Simon Says Stamp
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw
word-verif

20 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards heather :-) both of them are stunning ! I love the white embossing on the vellum and the delicate pinks, so pretty, and the blue one is amazing ,, brilliant colouring ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

I always think of HA for flowers, and these are some of my faves, Heather - love what you did with them!

chrissy xx said...

Your first one is Stunning! FABulous colours Heather...LOve it.
Your second one is Stunning! FABulous colours Heather..LOve it.
I had to make the same comments..They are both sooo pretty and I really, really couldn't chose one from the other.
Chrissyxx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Heather! Love those pretty flowers!!

hugs...

Beth Brovold said...

Oh such BEAUTIFUL CAS cards Heather!!! They are always a challenge for me...yours are just perfect!!

Moni said...

Both cards are gorgeous, love the stamp. Hugs,moni

Chrissy said...

I love both of your gorgeous CAS cards Heather..but the pink one made me gasp..STUNNING.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

Love these CAS cards! And I've never thought of coloring on vellum, thanks for sharing this idea - I love how it looks!

Stephanie said...

They're both so gorgeous, Heather! I love the coloring and layout :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

wow Heather, both cards are stunning...I really like the blue and white one...hope you have a super week!

sparkle & shine *~*

debby4000 said...

Love both colourways and I often forget to use both images.
luv
Debby

susiestacey said...

Two beautiful cards Heather - the white embossing on the vellum looks stunning and a great effect of reverse colouring - love it x Susan x

Becky said...

These are just stunning! Gorgeous colors.

phillymam37 said...

Simply stunning!! Love the that frost pink color you choose, the stamp is beautiful and I love that double loop punch on the side!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Party Time Tuesdyas blog!! :)

Lin said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love both the images and they are both coloured to perfection.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Hobby Cutz

Laura Sterckx said...

These cards are both stunning, Heather! :)

stampingbowd said...

Both cards are stunning! I am a huge fan of pink but I have to say I love the Blossoms in blue just as much!

Toni said...

Wow, adorable CAS cards, both of them, but the pink one is my favourite! Great done!!! Good luck. Regards, TokBobok.

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards - I absolutely love CAS designs and these are perfect - so pretty xx Thank you so much for joining us over at Flat Friends - hope you have a lovely week, Em :-)

Linda Kunsman said...

really beautiful cards- the poppy is my favorite flower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...