Wednesday 8 May 2013

Simon Says.....................Thing with Wings !!!




Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us as Anything Goes 
 Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is .............

THINGS WITH WINGS

Fairies, Butterflies, Birds, Aeroplanes etc .............!!

We are showcasing  Studio Calico this week. You don't have to use them to join in but we would love to see them if you have any :-)

As always Heidi will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!



This took me on 'Flight of Fancy' - I had an idea in my head and couldn't let go!!! I had the idea of a bird house - it took me ages to work out the style and measurements.  It ended up quite simply - I shall now make a template in case I want to try it again.
I couldn't have managed without my trusty Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Tonic Studio Guillotine a CThru T Square Ruler and last but not least a Prisma Set with pencils and rubbers etc. which I now need replacing!!!


The papers used are Studio Calico Autumn Press and Simon Says White Woodgrain card.
I cut the holes with Spellbinders Circles,  Die-namics are both the Picket Fence and the Grass.
The Memorty Box Tessatina border is used as a trellis embellished with Simon's Exclusive Harrington Vine, their Bella Bloom and Memory Box Fancy Blossoms. I've used Small Hero Arts Medium Pearls and Small pearls and also edded them for the Memory Box Pippi Butterfly and Martha Stewart Royal ButterflyI used Vellum coloured with Colorbox Inks on the butterflies.  Wplus9 Hearts & clouds are decorated the top of the Bird House.


                                                    


The inside - the sentiments are cut with Nestabilities Romantc Rectangles on Penny Black's Reach for the Stars part of Simon Says Clear Stamps Like your Style - should I put some butterflies on the inside???
Challenges

I have done the inside and back - now I've realised I will now have to design an either envelope or box.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

34 comments:

Lin said...

What a darling creation, Heather! Love this pretty blue birdhouse!!

Jingle said...

Heather, this is gorgeous! Perfect details!

Bridie said...

Lovely, really well designed and great color choices

Thanks for stopping by my Blog

Crafty Hugs

Bridie

Turtle In The Sand said...

Oh my this is stunning. I want every single thing on this card. Guess I want the whole card. LOL

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Heather :-) the whole design is stunning !! Totally in love with this :-)
I wouldn't put anything else on the inside ,, it is perfect as it is I think ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Moni said...

WAw Heather, you did fab job, love the bird house. Great decoration too. HUgs,Moni

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful with your inside decoration - it makes you feel as if you've just stepped inside. The colours are super with that rather special flower vine growing up the side.
Paula (PEP)

Riet said...

So beautiful Heather.

Hugs Riet.xx

Melissa Bove said...

Stunning Heather!! Love the bird house!!

hugs...

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the little spring scene.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Junhild said...

Oh Gosh! this is beautiful!!Love it!

Hug Junhild

Helga said...

Hi Heather !
Wunderbare Idee traumhaft schön gestaltet. Die Farbwahl hell-blau mit weiß gefällt mir sehr gut !

Wonderful Idea fantastic made !!
Pastell-blue and white - I like it.
Hugs Helga

Chrissy said...

Absolutely stunning Heather, I love the colours and beautiful design, love the flowers and butterflies...just gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dorte said...

Wonderful creation, Heather, if you are going to do a template/tutorial, will you share it here then??
hugs Dorte

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful card great shaping and lovely colours just perfect
Hugs Kate xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning shaped card, Heather! I just love the picket fence on the inside too!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Becky said...

wow Heather, this is awesome. I just love the shape of this and love the inside too.

Kjersti said...

What a beautiful birdhouse Heather, love the design!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, holy WOW!!! You've created a masterpiece....a true winner! I'm inspired!!!

debby4000 said...

WOW Heather this is amazing.
luv
Debby

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful card Heather, so sweet. Take care and thanks for stopping by my blog. Teresa xx

Pia S said...

A bird house shaped card - how cool is this! The striped paper was a great choice for the house, and it goes so well with all the white die cut details. I love the fence, I love the flowers - hey, I love everything about this card!

lalkygirl said...

What a wonderful card ,love the birdcage shape,papers and all your yummy embellishments...it's just perfect ..thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

Sue said...

Heather, what a wonderful card design. The fence looks fabulous, inside and out. All your pretty flowers are so nice. Love it!

Hugs
Sue

Words and Pictures said...

Completely enchanting... so delicately pretty!
Alison x

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful shaped card! Love all the butterflies and beautiful flowers!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the delicate detailing and color scheme in your bird house card. Blessings!

June Houck said...

So beautiful! This should win for sure at MiM challenge blog :)

Lisa Carroll said...

STUNNING, Heather! Love this soft color palette, and all the diecut work... amazing! :)

Darnell said...

It's charming, Heather, enchanting even! I'm blown away!!

Ria said...

What a beautiful birdhouse, beautiful bright colors. It gives me the real Spring feeling. I saw your card at MIM.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Ria

Jo.M. said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous. It took my breath away.

Sandra1968 said...

This is very, very gorgeous!

Babs said...

This is so beautiful! Saw it on Pinterest, just had to come for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...